Got a bike? Wish you knew more about it and how to keep it running and happy? Well me too. So here’s some great sources of information and guides on everything bicycle oriented.
- Sheldon Brown’s Bicycle Technical Info. The late Mr Brown was something of a bike legend and his site shows why. Crammed full of helpful tips and hints on all aspects of cycling, not just repairs.
- Bicycle Tutor. A superb resource for repairs and maintenance, especially the videos which are clear and easy to understand. Excellent.
- Bicycle Maintenance Made Easy is a wonderful free PDF e-book for download which contains clear and concise information on bike repair and basics.
- Free Bicycle Maintenance Book is another great free e-book for download. You can also read it online in a great interface, 40 pages crammed with cool tips and advice.
- Barnett’s Manual of Bicycle Repair. 684 pages of technical drawings, information and detailed instruction on bicycle construction and maintenance. The Haynes Manual of bicycles available for free download.
- Park Tools Repair Site. A nice resource which gives detailed advice on repairs, but also focuses on the best tools for the job. Helpful.
[Hat tip to Reddit]