1. Click on Create at the top of the page, then click on THIS
2. Choose Trigger Channel. In this case we want to use an RSS Feed as our source, so click on the Feed icon.
3. Select New Feed Item (we want the recipe to trigger every time a new item appears in the feed.
4. Paste in the feed link we got from Amazon (as above e.g. http://www.amazon.com/gp/rss/top-free/digital-text/158566011/ref=zg_tf_158566011_rsslink)
5. Click Create Trigger
6. Now click on THAT
7. Choose Action Channel. In this case we want the free eBook link to be sent to us via email (we could also select by SMS, Facebook or even Twitter if we wanted). But in this case select the Email icon.
8. Click on Send Me An Email
9. Check to see the defaults look all right to you (they usually are) and then Click on the Create Action button.
10. Finally check to make sure the whole recipe, including your email address is correct. The email is taken from your IFTTT account details automatically (as are phone numbers etc). Add a description and click on the Create Recipe button.
Now sit back and wait for your choice of free eBooks to land in your email inbox each week. One thing to note is that these free titles are often just sales promotions, so they don’t last very long. You need to grab them quickly before they revert to full or discounted prices. And if you like the books, don’t forget to help the authors out by buying and recommending their other titles.
Other great IFTTT Freebie recipes you can edit for your own needs:
Free Google Play Apps to Email – https://ifttt.com/recipes/50885
Google Play Free Song of The Day to Email – https://ifttt.com/recipes/27211
Amazon Top Free MP3 Album to Email – https://ifttt.com/recipes/12278
Amazon Free Android App of The Day to Email – https://ifttt.com/recipes/11248
Amazon Free Kindle Top 100 Generic (USA) – https://ifttt.com/recipes/52788
Apple iTunes Free App of The Week (USA) – https://ifttt.com/recipes/51569
Google Play Hot Deals in The UK – https://ifttt.com/recipes/47993