Who doesn’t want to be a part of the cool crowd? No one likes to eat alone at the lunch table while the cool kids throw their pie at your hair. Not that that ever happened to me…. I made sure to shave off all of my hair before I sat at lunch tables. Nerd clever, that’s me.
These V-Moda Crossfade M-100 headphones gives you the opportunity to be one of the very coolest of people. That’s because the M-100 were crowdsourced and tuned by listeners and audiophiles everywhere, and the result is a set of headphones that have been crafted specifically for optimal performance. You can see whether they succeeded in their quest in my video review below.
- I did break-in the headphones for 50 hours prior to doing the review, and there was a definite improvement from hour 1 to hour 50.
-Frequency performance 5Hz – 30KHz – in other words, there is sound coming out of these headphones that you can’t even hear!
- Very efficient – 103db @ 1Khz 1mW – so efficient that you will not need an amplifier for you iPad or other tablet. In fact, at full volume my iPad is too loud for my comfort.
- Very little audio leakage, even at high volumes. There’s nothing worse than getting in a fight in an airplane because the guy next to you is sick of listening to your Tone Loc marathon. I mean, I am not sure why *some* guy wouldn’t enjoy listening to “Funky Cold Medina” 30 times, but that’s still no excuse for throwing a drink in this reviewers face. Regardless…. that won’t happen again if I am wearing the M-100s.
Here is a cool person -
- Very comfortable – no discomfort despite long listening times. Note this is critical on long flights!
- Great construction – it is hard to gauge durability over a short time, but they look like they are built to last.
- At $299 (street) the V-Moda M100s are not cheap, but they are best sounding headphones that I have tested that were less than $500.
- The faceplates can be customized and switched out – if you are into that sort of thing. Personally I think I am cool enough already. No sense in pushing it too far.
Summary – While the V-Moda Crossfade M-100 headphones are far from cheap, they do offer fantastic sound and comfort at a price that is still cheaper than (most) laptop computers. Sure you may no look as cool as that 18 year old who is wearing his Beats by Dre, but you can stroke your ego by remembering that your headphones sound better and that you are old enough to buy a stiff drink.
Four out of five stars.
Price: Amazon.com $299-$310