Laptops can really crank out the heat, which can be bad for both the computer and the computer user’s lap. If you don’t want to feel like you have a fiery mini-sun in your lap, just follow these easy steps to keep things cool.
I packet of sugru, any color.
- Take 1 packet of sugru and divide it in 4 pieces (2 large and 2 small).
- Roll them into balls.
- Place the larger pieces over the back feet of your laptop and the small over the front.
- Dampen the surface of a clean table with a cloth (this stops the sugru sticking to it).
- Turn the laptop right way up with the soft sugru legs on the bottom.
- Gently push on the front corners to make them lower than the back.
- Lift up, turn over and allow to cure overnight.
Presto. Here’s how it works.
- The laptop radiates heat from the bottom of the case. As the base is flat, this heat then becomes trapped as it warms the air beneath the case.
- This solution creates a slope on the bottom of the case so as the warm air rises, it flows out the back.
- This, in turn, draws cool air in through the front and the process goes on.
Just a few minutes of your time can help your laptop keep its cool, meaning less wear and tear on your laptop’s internal components… and less sweat on your lap.