Here’s a little story. A few days ago I was on the lookout for a Compact Flash drive and went to a nearby camera store to get something. They had 2GB SanDisk III CF cards for £64.99 ($128.00) which I thought was a little expensive, so I went outside, flipped open my mobile phone and surfed to Amazon, where to my utter surprise I found the exact same item for £15.00 ($30.00) plus shipping. Huh? So I bought it immediately via the handset and Amazon’s super easy interface, and it arrived through my letterbox within 24 hours (early next morning in fact). The moral of this story? Amazon has got it right, big time. Bricks and Mortar? Hmm….
So as a celebration of that success story I am pleased to present – 5 MUST HAVE Amazon Shopping Tools. Enjoy! [with a grateful nod to Metafilter]
- Amazon Filler Item Finder. Are you close to that $25.00 minimum needed for free shipping? Use this handy little tool to find items that will let you qualify. Simple and brilliant!
- Super Saver Shipping Search. Limit your Amazon product searches to items with free shipping and save money.
- WishRadar. Create or upload your product wishlist, set your desired price and wait for this clever service to notify you when your terms are met.
- Amazon Super Search Interface. Superb alternative search interface for Amazon stores, Firefox only though unfortunately.
- Amazon Light. Stripped down Amazon front page interface delivers nicely focussed results without all the eye candy flim-flam.