- Fring. The best of the best communication tool on your mobile phone. Period. The latest update installs flawlessly, works brilliantly and is still completely free. Wonderful.
- Netvibes Ginger. First rule of upgrades – don’t break anything. Second rule – improve, don’t just bloat. On both points the new Netvibes really delivers. And most impressively their tech support is responsive and helpful. Kudos.
- Wireless Finger Mouse. Nice update to the original wired model, installs cleanly and works well.
- Archos TV+. First rule of product launches – don’t over hype if the product doesn’t deserve it. Second rule – if it’s broken – e.g. WEP password login doesn’t work – get tech support to fix. Failed on both counts. Washout!
- Paypal. First suggestion – don’t shut down customer accounts without warning for spurious reasons just because you can. Luckily there are now alternatives in the form of Moneybookers and Google Checkout, so treating customers badly is a pretty short sighted strategy. Pathetic.
- Metropolitan Police. Mr Policeman, declaring war on photographers in London is more than stupid, it’s stupider. Why can’t you understand that this is so wrong it’s frightening? Unbelievable.