For those who live in America, and are old enough to remember, there was a chewing gum commercial featuring the Doublemint Twins – for everyone else you can see the video here. Right, now that the DoubleMint Gum jingle is stuck in your head (Double your pleasure with DoubleMint Gum…) we can move onto the review.
What does the DoubleMint Gum Twins have in common with the SuperTooth Disco Twin product? Fresh breath? No. Lifeguards? Nope. Chewing Sensation? not even close… the commonality is that two (in many cases) is better than one. The Disco Twin takes a high quality Bluetooth speaker and doubles down giving us a pair of high-powered stereo speakers.
Of course, “high-powered” is a relative term in Bluetooth speaker world when the typical BT speaker is rocking out with an electric 6 watts RMS. When you are used to 6 watts RMS the Disco Twins 32 Watts (combined) will remind you of this.
See my video review below for more in-depth information.
– Very good sound for their size in terms of sound volume – these are easily the loudest Bluetooth speakers that I have reviewed. In terms of sound quality, they have nice a solid frequency response (albeit with a slight “tinny” sound), although at higher volumes the bass does begin to distort in bass heavy music. Overall, at everything less than 90% volume the SuperTooth Disco Twin has very good sound performance.
– Very attractive units – my wife actually suggested that they would look nice located on either side of our television. Having any speaker located in sight, in our home, is heresy for my Pottery Barn inspired spouse, so it is shocking that she found the Disco Twins so attractive (again… just like the Doublemint Twins).
– Two speakers means you can listen in stereo, and with real separation! Woo hoo!
– Easy to pair with your Bluetooth enabled device. However, make sure that you pair the left speaker (which is the master) with your device.
– I did notice some interference in the right speaker when another Bluetooth device was nearby. To eliminate the interference turn-off all other Bluetooth devices, unpair the SuperTooth Disco Twin from your device and then reconnect.
– For your money you get – two speakers, two charging cables, two auxiliary cables, and two cloth storage bags.
– Battery life at high volume of 3 to 4 hours – at medium volume 10 hours.
– Charge time of 2 hours
– Bluetooth range of about 30 feet
The SuperTooth Disco Twin is the loudest Bluetooth speaker that I have ever evaluated… by a large margin. They are perfect for bedrooms, kitchens, dorm rooms or anyplace that may have the need to be turned into an impromptu disco…. just remember to invite the Doublemint twins.
For purchase on the SuperTooth website for $199.00
4 1/2 Stars