The Amazon Echo Show could have been great, but I’m expecting a bit more from a 200$-tablet style device.
- It’s very futuristic and cool
- Nice design
- Very sturdy
- Sound quality is amazing
- Easy to use
- Also available in German
- It has a webcam (but you can’t use Skype)
- More skills are added via the app
- Touchscreen is great
- Design is nice for some people, others might find it too big and heavy
- You’ll need a power supply
- Youtube or regular browsing is not featured (yet – anymore)
- Calling via Bluetooth not available in EU
- Alexa can’t answer all your questions
It’s a difficult one to recommend. I’d love to tell you to go out and buy this asap, but right now, it’s not worth it’s price. As a personal assistant for some quick news facts, setting an alarm or playing music: it’s great! But if you want to watch YouTube-videos or go to a specific website, you can’t. YouTube is (right now) not supported for me. It was added in the past, then deleted, and then added again, but only in US I think. Not in Europe for example. Also you can’t use the webcam with Skype for example or call phone numbers if you’re not in the US. Let’s put it this way: if YouTube gets back online in the future (which will probably happen), this will be a great device! If they could add Netflix and Skype as well, it would be a bargain for 200$. Let’s hope for it in the future! You can find the Echo Show here for the best price!