The Cocoon security camera is small and uses the new Subsound technology (AI) to protect your house.
- The Subsound artificial intelligence is new on the market, but works great (works via sounds it picks up and recognizes after time)
- Does also protect your other rooms (a little bit)
- It learns when to give you alerts after a couple of days duo to it’s AI
- Built in (loud) alarm
- HD video quality (if the Wi-Fi reach is okay)
- Wi-Fi gets better when it’s connected for a couple of hours
- App works well
- You can save previous videos to your camera roll
- You can view all activity from the past 7 days in the app
- A lot of notifications at the start, but it gets better over time
- No talk-back feature
- You can only save about three videos each month on your phone
- You’ll need decent Wi-Fi reach
- You’ll need to plug it in
For the price (compared to other brands), the Cocoon is a good start when you’re looking for a first security camera for your house. The new AI system has a lot of potential and works as promised. The only thing missing is a talkback feature and a built in battery if that could be possible. You can find the Cocoon here.