Do you sometimes go out on your bike without decent lighting? Or you have no new batteries for your bike light? The Reelight CIO fixes that for you.
- It works when installed properly
- After installation no need for batteries or other things
- It’s small, but bright
- Can’t be stolen
- Keeps flashing when your not riding
- Not easy to install
- If it’s not installed perfectly, it won’t work
- Doesn’t work on every bike
- Only for the left side of your wheel
The idea is simple: mount two lights to the bars of your bike and mount two magnets to your wheels. Every time the magnet passes the light (which also has a magnet built in), it will generate power. That way the light will start flashing after you drive for a while. However, if the magnet is not close enough (not correctly installed), it won’t work because it doesn’t generate enough power. If you’re a handy (wo)man, you’ll probably find this easy, but my hands were pretty dirty after 20 minutes of installing these things. The front light eventually worked, the back light didn’t. You can find the Reelight CIO here.