Five remote control facts. (Source: Sky Television).
- The average telly fan loses the remote an average of 3.4 times a week and spends more than two minutes looking for it each time.
- An astonishing one third of people have hidden the remote from someone else and one in five people have thrown it at someone in a fit of ‘remote rage’.
- One in five people say they have remote rows every couple of nights, with six per cent admitting most evenings sees them arguing about the remote control.
- We have an average of three remote controls in our homes and 17 per cent of us say the remote is the household item they lose the most.
- Thirty-two per cent say reality TV shows make them change channels and 79 per cent switch stations to avoid adverts.