The 24G2U and 27G2U are both great IPS panels with 4ms response time and a good refresh rate.
- The quality is full HD and it looks really nice
- Very small bezels
- 144Hz Refresh rate
- 1ms mprt
- 4 ms rp = best for IPS panels
- Great build quality
- Easy to swivel – vertically, horizontally, pan or push up or down
- Speakers are included in the screen
- Freesync to prevent screen tearing
- Great pricing
- AOC advertises with 1ms on the box, it’s not clear that it’s 1ms mprt for people who don’t know a lot about monitors
- Not 4K
- Speakers are not great
- The control panel is not easy to use, but does have shortcuts
Check out our full video-review:
Although AOC advertises with 1ms response time, it actually means the ‘moving picture response time’ and not the real response time, which is 4ms. This can be confusing for people who are not really into the monitor-scene – like me – and just see ‘1 ms response time’ on the box.
An IPS panel can’t have 1ms response time, the best it gets is 4ms (which this one has), so that might already be a big indicator for people to know that the 1ms rp is actually mprt.
Now we got that out of the way: the 27 inch and 24 inch monitor are the same in specs, but one is of course a bit bigger than the other. They deliver great picture quality in Full HD with 144Hz refresh rate.
The build quality is great and the bezels are really small. Overall these are both great monitors for gamers or editors and they’re pretty cheap as well.