The AOC U32U1 is a 32 inch monitor perfectly suited for editing videos or pictures and multitasking.
We got our hands on this monitor and here’s our first look after using it for a week. So this won’t be the full review. If you have any questions for the full review, let them know in the video below!
The U32U1 has a terrible name, but a fantastic design. AOC partnered up with Porsche for this and you can really see that it turned out beautifully. The foot on the screen is heavy, cold to the touch and looks nice. The bezels are small and the dock attached on the back is plastic, but also looks aesthetic.
The screen is a 4K IPS panel, 32 inch and very wide. The only downside to this is that you need enough room to put it somewhere to do it enough justice. The USB hub on the back is great. I just have to connect my Macbook Pro via USB-C and then I can connect my external hard drive to the screen itself, without having to bother with dongles for my Macbook Pro.
Check out our full first look in this video;
– vertical or horizontal
– you can adjust height
– USB-C for Mac
– very nice clear 4K image
– great design
– the stand is heavy and doesn’t move
– usb hub on the back is great for people who love editing; you can connect an external drive to the screen for example
– it’s so big you need some space (don’t sit too close)
– built in speaker is not that good
– HDR could be a bit better, because you lose a bit of colour tone in some situations
– heavy (which is good actually)
– around 950$
– only 60Hz refresh rate, so not that good for video or animating, but didn’t notice any drawbacks yet
– no sd card reader
– It should come assembled, mine didn’t because it’s a review unit. It’s pretty simple to assemble, just slide the back off and screw in the stand.