Executive Software has released the Diskeeper Lite version of its rather excellent hard disk defragmentation software. The free version now works with all versions of Windows, although it doesn’t have an automatic ‘fire and forget’ mode or work across networks like its big brother. In fact I suspect that this is basically the same version that comes as standard with Windows XP.
If you have ever suffered from that interminable defrag hang at 10% or just want to defrag faster (and who doesn’t?) then you should definitely check this out.
I noticed that you are still reviewing Diskeeper Lite here. The lite version is over a couple of years old and is slightly better than the built-in defragmenter that comes with Windows. I would suggest that you review the latest version of Diskeeper since it offers the following benefits:
1. Automatic Defragmentation
2. Better Defragmentation Engine
3. I-FAAST Technology which optimizes frequently used files.
4. Improved Free Space Consolidation
5. Frag Shield which protects fragmentation of the MFT and paging files
6. Boot time Defragmentation option which allows you to defragment system files which cannot be defragmented while Windows is running.
The new version can be downloaded from http://www.diskeeper.com