Introducing eTrays.net. In a desperate, perhaps even pathetic, attempt to regain some badly battered street cred after a disastrous Valentine’s Day fiasco involving three pigeons, an ice cream cone and a small white rose, me and bestest programmer mate Tom are introducing eTrays to the world.
What are they? Well, kind of like Google Ads for eBay. Yes we know there’s The Marketplace, but this is different. eTrays provide free, totally customisable closing auction boxes for your web site in your chosen category . We think it’s neat, and hope you do too.
So enough of the astroturfing, take a look. If ya like it, great, it was all our own work. If you don’t, then She made us do it! Honest. Oh, and as far as we know, it’s the first WhuffieWare product ever released in the wild.
Well, that’s it from us for now. Ciao.
A few points to note:
- We obviously haven’t had the chance to test eTrays under full load with lots of users. Not because we’re stupid, but because we don’t have Microsoft type resources. So please be generous with your feedback during the early few days while we see how things go.
- Why have we done it? Because we genuinely think it’s cool. Take a look at some of the bargains that appear in your chosen category and you’ll see what we mean. Play around with the minimum and maximum prices for some interesting results. I also think it’s probably time we started putting more effort into recycling stuff, rather than just keep producing/consuming for ever. But maybe that’s just me!
- We don’t expect to make lots of money out of this. That’s not the point. It would be nice to make a bit, though! :-)
- If you are thinking about putting an eTray box on a high traffic site, why not contact us first and let us know? We want to try and anticipate loads as much as we can.
- We’ve tested with as many browser combinations as we can and it seems to be robust.
- Thanks to Mike, Sean, Ben, Adam and Cory for their valuable early feedback.