For those of you still anxious to jump aboard the rapidly accelerating Web 2.0 (or is it 3.0 by now?) express, here’s the Ferret’s recommended list of Essential Start Up Tools. Remember kids, release early and release often. But do finish your homework first.
- Color Palette Generator. First, steal your colour scheme. Find an image you like, and generate a color palette from it to make your site sizzle. No not drizzle, sizzle.
- Free Color Wheel. But make sure that your colours reflect your brand and message with this handy tutorial on colour psychology. Remember, blue is for comfort.
- Color Calculator. This color calculator will really make your design go with a swing. Harmonise, synthesise and improvise. You’ll love the results.
- Web 2.0 Logo Generator. You’ll need a snappy logo to round it all off, so hurry here and generate your very own cool brand in a snap. Vowels suck, OK?
- Web 2.0 Site Generator. If worse comes to worse, and inspiration deserts you, don’t panic. Just use this to generate your whole site design from one button push. Groovy!