The PROBOX2 AVA promises to record your gameplay or television streaming, but it doesn’t (not out of the box at least).
- You can install a hard drive inside the PROBOX2
- It works very fast
- The Remote+ is perfect for browsing and playing some games
- With the Picture in Picture you can play games and watch a movie at the same time
- 4K video quality is very good
- USB 3.0
- Apps like Netflix, Youtube, Chrome, Kodi are pre-installed
- Wifi is not that good
- Took a while to install
- Could not record because of HDCP and copyright issues: this can be resolved in the PS4 settings (disable HDCP). For television however not possible.
The biggest feature on the PROBOX2 AVA is the recording, while this doesn’t work in most cases. I wanted to record my gameplay on PS4: didn’t work because of HDCP. Wanted to record my television-stream: didn’t work because of copyright… Those are like the only two things that are important to record. However: on PS4 you can disable the HDCP in the settings of your PS4 and it should work then, but you won’t find that in the manual. However, it’s cool that you can use the HDMI in for Picture in Picture. That way you have your PS4 (or television stream) playing in a smaller screen and you can use the Android TV box to play Netflix or other things. All running smoothly. Overall great device, besides the recording, but with some changes in the settings you can make this work. You can find the PROBOX2 AVA here.