AutoHotkey. Neat little free Open Source program which lets you automate just about anything on your PC. Keystrokes, mouse clicks, hotkey setup. What’s uber cool is the fact that you can convert any script to an exe file and run it on machines which don’t have the program installed. Nice and definitely worth a download.
AutoHotkey is a free, open-source utility for Windows. With it, you can:
- Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder.
- Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.
- Expand abbreviations as you type them. For example, typing “btw” can automatically produce “by the way”.
- Create custom data entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars. See GUI for details.
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.